Privacy Statement MANS Open Mind Management©
This is the privacy statement of MANS Adviesgroep voor Kwaliteitsmanagement B.V., hereafter: “MANS Open Mind Management©”. Please, check our contact data below under the heading ‘What to do if you have questions or complaints’. In our privacy statement, we inform you about the way we use your personal data, hereafter data.
To what purpose do we use your data?
We use your data for the following purposes:
- Identification purposes
- Addressing our relations with the proper title
- Sending electronical confirmation of the registration and or order
- Informing our clients about their registration, reservation or order
- Managing our administration
- Communicating with our clients, for examples answering questions or solving complaints
- Processing payments, billing and updating our financial administration
- Processing your order
- Proposing special offers, based on previous orders
- Offering the opportunity to log in on our website with the social media account
- Showing content on the website
- Showing reviews via other channels
- Informing relations by (e-)mail about our (special) offers, news, actions and for our client research
- Recognising the browser and or the device
- Improving the user-friendliness of the website
- Analysing visitors’ statistics
- Following the behaviour on our website in order to improve it, make it more user-friendly and more interesting
Legal basis to use your data
We use your data on the following legal basis:
- Your permission
- The data are necessary for the making or execution of our agreement with you or the organisation you belong to
- The data are necessary to meet the legal requirements we have to meet
The data necessary for our justified interest, or the interest of someone else. This concerns the following justified interests:
- Our interest to maintain a (commercial) relation with our clients
- Our commercial interest to gain more insight in our users and clients and their preferences
Are you obligated to provide data?
Yes, we require you to provide some data as an obligation. If you refuse to provide these data, we cannot enter into a contract with you. We need these data to enter into a contract with you. We need these data in order to comply with the legal requirements.
To whom do we pass on data?
In the first place, we use your data for our own purposes. In the following matters it can be necessary to pass them on to others:
We pass data on to the following parties:
- Insights Discovery® for Insights profiles
- OPP for MBTI profiles
- NeuroColor for NeuroColor profiles
- Questback for online evaluations/questionnaires
Are your data being passed on outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
No, we do not pass on data outside the European Economic Area, they will only be saved on servers inside the European Economic Area
For how long do we save your data?
We save your data no longer than necessary for the purposes we have collected them for.
In general, we use the following storage periods:
|Type of data||Storage period|
|Client data (Name, address and place) email address, phone number||2 years after the last transaction|
|Billing data, transaction data and other financial data||7 years, based on the legal fiscal storage obligation|
|Data in our administration||As long as you have a contract with us or as long as you maintain another relation with us, plus 2 years thereafter|
|Ordering history that does not reside under the legal fiscal retention period||As long as you have a contract with us or as long as you maintain another relation with us, plus 2 years thereafter|
|Correspondence||As long as you have a contract with us or as long as you maintain another relation with us, plus 2 years thereafter|
|IP address||Until six months after your last website visit|
|Information about surf behaviour||Until six months after your last website visit|
|Cookie ID´s||See our cookie statement|
|Reviews||As long as the review is relevant|
|Information you enter on our website in order to show this information||As long as this information is relevant|
|Information in relation to a legal procedure||As long as this is necessary for conducting the legal procedure or for establishing our rights in this procedure|
What are your rights?
Based on the law, you have the following rights concerning your data:
- a copy and inspection of your data
- receiving information about the processing of your data
- having incorrect data revised
- having incomplete data supplemented because of the purposes for processing them
- having your data removed
- having your data limited
- objecting to the use (processing) of your data
- withdrawing your approval to use your data. The withdrawal also applies to the future use of your data
- receiving your data in a structured format and transferring these, if technically possible, to others, if you have delivered the data yourself or if you have filled them in yourself (based for example on your purchase of our services)
- filing a complaint at the privacy supervisor. This can be the supervisor in country you live in, the country you work in or where the privacy laws have been violated. In the Netherlands this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Authority for Personal Data).
We use analytics cookies in order to collect statistics about our website. We do not collect users data and the information collected will remain anonymous.
The American company Google places a cookie in our website as part of its “Analytics” service. We use this service in order to monitor and to receive reports on how visitors use our website. Google can share this information with others if Google is legally obligated to do so. We cannot influence this. The information Google collects, will be anonymised as much as possible. Your IP address will certainly not be shared. The information is being transferred by Google to servers in the United States.
In order to exercise your rights, please contact us via the contact data under the heading ‘What if you have questions or complaints?
Under certain circumstances, it is possible that we have the right to refuse your request. In this case, we will explain our refusal. Possibly, we can no longer keep our contract if we do not have your data. deliver our agreement. In this case we will also give an explanation.
If we use your data for marketing purposes and if you want us to stop doing so, we will do so. In electronical messages we always include a button ‘No thanks’. With this button you can sign out. When we are involved in telemarketing, we will indicate that you have the right to sign out through the Bel-me-niet register (Do not call me register). Further, you also have the right to ask us not to call anymore. We will respect this request.
What to do if you have questions or requests?
If you have questions or complaints concerning the way we use your data or concerning this privacy statement, please contact us at:
MANS Adviesgroep voor Kwaliteitsmanagement B.V.
Van Deventerlaan 31-51, 3528 AG Utrecht
+31 (0) 88 605 4849
You can also contact our Officer Data Protection:
Huub van Heeswijk
+31 (0) 88 605 4849
Can we adjust this privacy statement?
Yes. This privacy statement dates from July 25th 2018. We reserve our right to adjust our privacy statement. If this concerns an important adjustment, we will inform you, for example by sending an e-mail.